Accounts and finance are integral components of any organization, whether it’s a small business, a multinational corporation, a non-profit entity, or even a government agency. These functions are crucial for managing the financial aspects of an organization, ensuring its sustainability, growth, and compliance with various regulations.
An ISO 9001:2015 &
Teacher Scientist Network Certified
Welcome to the Professional Certification Program in Accounts and Finance! This comprehensive 90-day course is specially designed for beginners who are eager to explore the world of finance and accounting. With over 20 years of industry and teaching experience, our expert instructors will guide you through the fundamental principles of accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, and more. By the end of this program, you will have a strong foundation in accounts and finance, empowering you to pursue a rewarding career in this dynamic field.
– Introduce the basics of accounting principles and financial concepts.
– Develop essential financial analysis and reporting skills.
– Understand budgeting and forecasting techniques.
– Explore investment and risk management strategies.
– Apply theoretical concepts through practical exercises and real-world case studies.
The 90-day program is divided into seven modules, each focusing on core concepts in accounts and finance:
– Definition and importance of accounting
– Types of accounting (financial, managerial, etc.)
– Basic accounting principles and concepts
– The balance sheet (statement of financial position)
– The income statement (profit and loss statement)
– The statement of cash flows
– Double-entry accounting system
– Debits and credits
– General ledger and journal entries
– Accrual accounting vs. cash accounting
– Adjusting entries for accrued revenue and expenses
– Closing entries to prepare accounts for the next period
– Inventory valuation methods (FIFO, LIFO, Average cost)
– Sales transactions and discounts
– Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
– Importance of internal controls
– Common internal control procedures
– Fraud detection and prevention measures
– Creating budgets and forecasts
– Financial ratio analysis
– Interpreting financial data
1. Personal Budgeting:
Create a personal budget for a hypothetical individual or yourself. Track income, expenses, savings, and investments over a specific period.
2. Business Expense Tracking:
Choose a small business and track its expenses for a month. Organize the data into categories and create a summary report.
3. Financial Statements Analysis:
Analyze the financial statements of a company (publicly available) to understand its financial health, profitability, and liquidity.
4. Cash Flow Statement Construction:
Construct a cash flow statement for a given set of transactions and interpret the cash flow patterns.
5. Inventory Valuation Methods Comparison:
Compare the impact of different inventory valuation methods (FIFO, LIFO, Average cost) on a company's financial statements.
6. Ethics in Accounting:
Research and write a report on a real-life accounting scandal, detailing the ethical issues involved and the consequences faced by the company and its stakeholders
7. Budgeting for Nonprofit Organizations:
Develop a budget for a nonprofit organization, considering fundraising, program expenses, administrative costs, and reporting transparency.
8. Ratio Analysis of Competing Businesses:
Analyze and compare the financial ratios of two competing businesses in the same industry to determine their relative financial strengths and weaknesses.
9. Cost Behavior Analysis:
Investigate the behavior of various costs (fixed, variable, mixed) in a manufacturing or service-oriented business and provide recommendations based on findings.
10. Preparing a Simple Income Tax Return:
Understand the basics of individual income tax preparation and complete a simple tax return for a hypothetical taxpayer.
These projects are designed to reinforce key accounting concepts while providing practical experience in applying accounting principles to real-world scenarios. Always remember to adhere to academic integrity and cite any external sources you use in your projects.
Course Essentials :
This program is ideal for beginners who have little or no prior experience in accounts and finance but have a keen interest in financial management and analysis. Whether you are a recent graduate, an aspiring finance professional, or an individual looking to improve your personal financial literacy, this course will provide you with the essential skills to navigate the world of finance with confidence.
Earned with Excellence: